Customers information on CYTEL UK data policy and consent management procedure
1. General Information on Data Processing
CYTELUK TELECOM LTD is a limited liability company providing Telecommunication Services in the UK.
We CYTELUK as a Controller are committed to protect our customers’ Personal Data as per the European General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) that entered force on 25/5/2018.
CYTELUK and our commercial partners Daisy, Elavon, Bottom Line Technologies, IM Primus, Net Lynk and P&J (acting as Processors) maintain records of residential customers’ personal data for providing, operating and maintaining electronic communication services and/or products offered to them by CYTELUK. Customers’ data includes the subscriber’s (natural person) name, address, telephone number(s), contract number, email address (where needed), direct debit details (where needed), billing address, the invoices issued per service per month, payments made and disconnections. This data is processed by CYTELUK and its commercial partners throughout the validity period of the customer’s service in order to deal with customers’ services and products, customer’s billing, customer’s complaints and/or requests and/or enquiries.
CYTELUK also informs its customers that their Personal Data may be forwarded to a bank for settlement of bills or to billing collection agents or to our wholesale service suppliers.
If you do not wish to allow CYTELUK to process any of your Personal Data as described in this section kindly contact CYTELUK at 08000360078.
2. Residential customer’s Rights as from 25/5/2018
- Right of Access
Customers may be informed in more detail about the Personal Data CYTELUK and its commercial partners process about them by contacting CYTELUK at 08000360078 or by visiting CYTELUK’s web page at www.cyteluk.com. The right of access is subject to the provisions of the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and the authentication of the customer.
- Right of Erasure (“Right to be Forgotten”)
Customers may request the erasure of any of their Personal Data that is no longer necessary for CYTELUK’s purposes by contacting CYTELUK at 08000360078. The right to erasure is subject to the provisions of the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and the authentication of the customer.
- Data Portability
Customers may exercise the right to data portability by contacting CYTELUK at 08000360078. Data portability is subject to the provisions of the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and the authentication of the customer.
- Right of Updating, Rectification or Minimisation of Personal Data
Customers may update their Personal Data or request the correction of any inaccurate Personal Data or data minimisation, by contacting CYTELUK at 08000360078. These rights are subject to the provisions of the UK Data protection Act 2018 and the authentication of the customer.
3. Duration of Personal Data Storage
CYTELUK stores customers’ Personal Data for as long as mandated by the UK Law and/or throughout the validity period of the customer’s contract.
4. CYTELUK contact information/Complaints
- “Controller”: means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State Law.
- “Personal Data”: means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- “Processing”: means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- “Processor”: means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes Personal Data on behalf of the Controller.
- Right of Access